Having to deal with tooth loss can be challenging for many. Not only is it a source of embarrassment for some, but it may also lead to issues with eating and speaking normally. However, thanks to innovation in the dental field, there are now a number of options available for replacing missing teeth. One of the most popular is dentures in Cincinnati OH. Learning a bit more about dentures, the advantages, and disadvantages can help anyone make an educated decision regarding whether or not this is the right tooth replacement option for them.
Advantages of Dentures
The good news is, there are quite a few advantages to getting dentures in Cincinnati OH. Some of the most appealing are found here.
- Eliminate the feeling of self-doubt. When all the empty spaces are filled up in a person’s mouth, they can feel confident and smile with pride once again.
- Eliminate dietary restrictions. Some foods are impossible to eat without a full set of teeth. Dentures restore the ability to eat any type of food.
- Eliminate speaking issues. When a person has a full set of teeth, they will be able to speak clearly and feel confident others can understand them.
- They last for a long time. While dentures are going to have to be replaced eventually, they typically last for five to 10 years when cared for properly.
Cons of Dentures
While there are several benefits offered by dentures, just like anything else, there may be a few disadvantages of these, as well. Some of the most common cons are listed here.
- They move. Since dentures are able to be taken out, they may move when a person is chewing or speaking.
- They may be difficult to maintain. Dentures have to be brushed and stored in a glass of water before bed to prevent them from being damaged.
While the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of dentures, it is still important to fully understand what dentures have to offer. When a person does, they can determine if this is the best tooth replacement option for their needs. Additional information about dentures can be found by taking some time to visit site.